Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sign of changing time

Have been noticing sine quite some time – off let more regularly – the warning sign in aeroplanes changing from “No Smoking” to “Switch off your electronic devices”. Is mankind switching over to a new addiction? The more I notice my co-passengers not switching off their mobile hand sets during the flight, to my horror, the more I tend to believe this.
I am not too sure, how much an operational handset interferes with the avionics, but my latest experience made me little nervous – in the middle of the landing process, the middle-aged person sitting next to me received the call on his mobile and said the person on the other side that the plane is landing and he will be reaching soon. I was wondering, what if this person’s phone call made the plane to meet with a serious accident – he might never meet the person on the other side of the call!It was an ATR flying to Bangalore from Coimbatore in one Friday morning…and we all were lucky!

No comments: